Proven Representation for Unpaid Wages and Overtime

California businesses must pay employees their full wages for their hours worked. You may be able to file an employment law claim if your employer refuses to fully compensate you for your work. At JLG Lawyers, we protect the rights of employment law clients with unpaid wages across California.

From our Glendale and San Francisco offices, we help people get the best possible outcome for their wage-and-hour cases. Our attorneys use creative legal strategies to get back pay for our clients as well as other forms of compensation. You can have a lawyer review your case in a free, 30-minute consultation by calling 818-630-9099.

Recognizing if You Have Unpaid Wages and Overtime

Understanding how the law protects workers is your first step in filing a wage-and-hour claim. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the California Labor Code set the minimum wage for employees as well the rules governing overtime pay. An employee's wage can include all forms of payment such as hourly pay, a salary, commissions, piece-rate pay, and other forms of compensation. Workers must be paid for their time worked and, for non-exempt employees, overtime pay for hours worked over 8 in a workday and/or 40 in a workweek.

Businesses can underpay or steal wages in several ways, including:

  • Paying under the minimum wage
  • Misclassifying employees as contractors
  • Misclassifying employees as exempt
  • Illegally deducting fees or not documenting deductions on a pay stub
  • Refusing to pay overtime rates
  • Denying valid rest breaks and/or other benefits

Our attorneys can represent you in individual or class-action wage-and-hour claims. If you and your co-workers suspect that your employer is not paying your full wages, call our firm for help.

Get Trusted Legal Help for Your Wage and Overtime Claims

Employer wage theft is one of the most common problems that workers across the country must deal with. Our lawyers help employees in Los Angeles and San Francisco and across California get fair compensation for their unpaid wages. You can schedule your free consultation by calling 818-630-9099. You can also send us an email. Se habla español.