California Tax Resolution Attorney
According to Benjamin Franklin, death and taxes are the only things that are certain in this world. The IRS may be slow to react at times, but eventually, the agency will take action, along with state tax agencies, leaving you no choice but to deal with your personal or business tax issues.
If you have tax matters to resolve, our experienced tax resolution attorneys at Jaurigue Law Group can help. We provide high-quality representation to individuals and businesses in California. Our offices are located in Glendale, San Jose, and San Francisco.
Types of Tax Resolution Matters We Handle
Our tax resolution lawyers are well-versed in all aspects of tax law. We assist our clients in a variety of tax matters, including:
- Tax Collection: Our tax resolution attorneys are skilled in negotiating releases of wage garnishments, seizures, levies, and tax liens and delinquency penalty abatement.
- Tax Audit Examinations: If you are being audited by the IRS or a state tax agency, our firm can represent you. We have extensive experience dealing with audits involving sensitive issues and minimizing exposure to potential criminal or civil charges of fraud. With early involvement, we often are able to obtain better results for our clients.
- Tax Litigation and State Administrative Hearings: Our tax resolution lawyers can negotiate skillfully on your behalf or represent you in litigation if it is in your best interests. We have extensive trial experience, appearing before the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and the state Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and Board Proceedings Division of the Board of Equalization.
- Employment Tax Matters: If your business is under audit examination by the IRS and EDD, we can represent you in issues involving worker classification (independent contractor vs. employee), non-filers, and Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (personal liability for failure to withhold trust taxes).
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting: If you are reporting offshore financial accounts and income or disclosing liability under the IRS and FTB voluntary disclosure program, we can assist you in preparing your returns and negotiate on your behalf for reduction or relief from delinquency penalties.
- Innocent Spouse Relief: You may be eligible for relief from tax obligations for which you and your former spouse would otherwise be jointly and severally liable if you had no knowledge of or involvement in your spouse’s business dealings, or were a victim of physical or emotional spousal abuse. Our attorneys have experience handling this type of case.
- Estate Tax Planning: Our estate planning services include helping our clients devise a plan to minimize tax consequences and providing tax opinion letters to clients with special tax issues.
Get an Experienced Tax Resolution Attorney on Your Side
Whether the tax issues you are facing are business or personal, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced tax resolution lawyer. At Jaurigue Law Group, we have the knowledge, skills, and breadth of experience you want on your side when forced to deal with the IRS or other tax agencies. Contact our office to arrange for a free consultation and find out how we can help.
- BrainyQuote: Benjamin Franklin Quotes